Sandy serves as Senior Vice President – Head of Operations for First Data’s Network and Security Solutions (NSS) organization. She has over 30 years of Payments industry experience and has led some of the company’s largest strategic initiatives. Sandy is named on over 25 issued patents. She co-chairs First Data’s Atlanta Diversity and Cultural Council (ERG Steering Committee), is an active member of the Women’s Leadership Council and serves as Executive Sponsor of UNITY Atlanta – First Data’s LGBT ERG.
Sandy was recently elected Vice President of the Atlanta Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (AGLCC) where she previously served as Corporate Relations Board Chair. First Data was honored to be the first Platinum Sponsor of the AGLCC. Sandy served on the Executive Planning Group (EPG) for FinTech Atlanta. Other memberships include Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Federal Club, Technology Association of Atlanta (TAG), Women in Technology (WIT) and Women’s Network in Electronic Transactions (W.net).
Sandy’s coming out (at work) story was published in the Atlanta Business Chronicle/Pride Edition 2016 – after accepting the 2016 Atlanta Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce Corporate Ally of the Year award on behalf of First Data. https://www.bizjournal.com/atlanta/news/2016/10/21/first-data-exec-working-to-help-others.html
Frist Data’s Diversity recognition includes:
• DiversityInc’s 25 Noteworthy designation 2016 & 2017 – Top Ten Best Companies for Veterans
• 100% on Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index 2015, 2016, 2017
• GLSEN 2017 Corporate Ally of the Year
• Professional Women’s Magazine 2016 – “Best of the Best” list – Top Employer and Top Supplier Diversity Programs
• Disabled Veterans 2016 Outstanding Large Employer of the Year
• #19 Military Times annual “Best for Vets Employers”